Well, Cheney can also be seen to have regained access to a position where he can
exact revenge rooted in his position in Daddy B's administration. And then
there's Powell... Maybe Dubba-you can appt Schwartz-cop Ambassador to Iraq...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Devine [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2001 6:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEN-L:8252] Re: RE: Re: Bush war

I can't read their minds. But the continuity of the Bush-Clinton-Bush
policies toward Iraq is pretty clear, while Clinton's policy of killing a
bunch of Iraqi children, though much less dramatic than Bushie's recent
attack, is pretty bloodthirsty. Besides, I bet it was Cheney who really
made the executive decision. The government seems to fulfill the wet dream
of some political scientists, separating the roles of "head of state" and
"head of government," with Bushbaby as the largely-ceremonial President
(the former) and Cheney as the hands-on Prime Minister (the latter). (A
standard polisci critique of US government is that the two roles are merged
in the Presidency.)

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] & http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~JDevine