>Marxists would be free to study and write about M-C-M'.
> >
> >Peter
>
> Seriously, Peter, you criticize Bello for being "much too reformist,"
> but your program -- "to socialize (which is not necessarily to put
> under public ownership) corporations national and transnational, and
> to craft a set of rules and governing procedures to make possible
> trade without the lash of global competitiveness that has poisoned
> every national political economy" -- looks to me to be _also_ much
> too reformist & utopian to boot. :)
>
> Not that you can't criticize Bello for being "much too reformist,"
> but if that's your criticism, your reader naturally expects more than
> what you offered.
>
> Yoshie
**********

So what's your meta-reformist plan to get us beyond M-C-M' Yoshie? How would you
reconfigure the institutions of the technosphere so they're a little more
biosphere friendly while becoming humane work places free of racism, sexism and
all other forms of domination?

"The long term goal should be to reduce the financial and governance role of
the stock market with an eye towards an eventual elimination. Corporations
should be placed increasingly under a combination of worker, community,
customer, supplier, and public control. Of course, it's easy to say that in
a sentence or two, but the actual task, technically and politically, would
be difficult as hell." [DH]

Ian