>Didn't the Brazilian environment minister write that it was insane?  It
>was, but it makes perfectly good sense within conventional economics.  S

"Do I obey economic laws if I extract money by offering my body for sale, by
surrendering it to another's lust? . . . . Am I not acting in keeping with
political economy if I sell my friend to the Moroccans? . . . . The
political economist replies to me, You do not transgress _my_ laws, but see
what Cousin Ethics and Cousin Religion have to say about it. My _political
economic_ ethics and religion have nothing to reproach you with . . . . ."

Some German thinker, writing in Paris in 1844.