>"Do I obey economic laws if I extract money by offering my body for sale, by
>surrendering it to another's lust? . . . . Am I not acting in keeping with
>political economy if I sell my friend to the Moroccans? . . . . The
>political economist replies to me, You do not transgress _my_ laws, but see
>what Cousin Ethics and Cousin Religion have to say about it. My _political
>economic_ ethics and religion have nothing to reproach you with . . . . ."
>
>Some German thinker, writing in Paris in 1844.
>
>--------------------------------------
>
>What exactly is the point?  If conventional economics predict an
>uncomfortable result for a proposed act (e.g., if I offer to prostitute my
>self for a low enough price, somebody will pay me), conventional economics
>is wrong empirically?  Is morally bad?
>
>David Shemano

There is also a problem of faulty reasoning which seems to imply that if
one has the right to do as they will with their own body (which I agree
with) they have the right to do as they will with another's body (Which is
slavery and the antithesis of all I hold dear)

Best,

John R Henry CPP

Visit the Quick Changeover website at http://www.changeover.com

Subscribe to the Quick Changeover Newsletter at
http://www.changeover.com/newsletter.htm