Fred Guy wrote:

> ... knee-jerk statisim that otherwise dominates the
> list. I call it statism rather than Marxism because I know of no other
> forum where the policies of Juan Peron, the South Korean government and
> state media monopolies (monopolies, not the Beeb) could all get such
> sympathetic hearings.

A political judgment not an economic judgment is at stake: who is the
_main_ enemy of humanity in the world today? Answer: The U.S. Hence here
the the doubtful principle that the enemy of my enemy is my friend has
some purchase.

The power of u.s. imperialism is a standing barrier to humanity's
chances of survival.

Carrol