I'm afraid I never made the connection between Brenner and Warren. Must be
something like the connection between Zeitlin and Pinochet...or Raymond
Lau and some dogmatic trotskyist sloganeer...

The arguments that Ahmad makes about the need to take seriously the study
of specific class relations in 'post-colonial' countries that give rise to
the nature of dependent relations between rich and poor countries are
entirely consistent with Brenner's arguments to the same effect found in
his 1979 argument against Dependency Theory.

Again, if the pomos claim that Marxism is all about teleology,
economic determinism etc., you can't accept that argument. Let a
'post-colonialist' or 'world-system' theorist make the same argument and
it's A-Ok in your book...At least Ahmad is consistent, he doesn't accept
that sloppy argument from pomos or your world system theory heroes...

Steve