>24 Villagers Killed in Colombia
>BOGOTA, Colombia (AP)
<snip>
>Villagers are often caught in the middle, targeted in massacres by one side
>or the other aiming to punishing them for collaborating with the enemy.

It's interesting that villagers are always caught in the middle, be
they in Vietnam or Guatemala or Columbia or wherever, according to
the liberal media.  I'm not saying that it never happens that some
villagers get caught in the middle between leftist guerillas and
rightist soldiers, paramilitaries, CIA agents, US "advisors," US
soldiers, and so on.  It is, however, curious that villagers in the
Third World never fail to share the favorite ideological spot --
middle! -- of the liberal media.  It's as if no peasant would ever
support either the government or guerillas, as if no peasant had a
semblance of political opinion or even political sympathy.

Yoshie