Conflicting info:

Recently it was reported that natural gas production in the USA is up less than 2% over a year ago, despite a huge increase in drilling sparked by high prices.  So we're running out of gas?  Can't find any more?

Not so fast.

There is a report of a new gas field in California -- an enormous new field.  Hasn't been drilled up yet, but if early indications hold,

4) This could be the biggest onshore dry gas find in 65 years since the discovery of the giant Rio Vista Field in 1936.

    We'll see in the future if this field turns out.  But if it does it will be quite interesting, for California has been pretty well explored before, so if they hit a big reservoir it will provide ammunition for those who say the best is yet to come.

Gene Coyle