I'll be even violent opponents of oppressive governments like US pop
>culture sometimes.
>
>Doug

   See the photographs by documentarian, Susan Meiselas, in her book on the
Sandinista Revolution. Full of FSLN combatents in '78 and '79 with t-shirts
and baseball caps of U.S. rock stars and Hollywood movies.
Michael Pugliese
P.S. The book cited below by Joseph Koudelka on Romanian Gypsies is also a
classic from Aperture. Hmm, book on Kurdistan too.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/09/03
/MN138971.DTL

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Susan+Meiselas+&btnG=Google+Se
arch
EIAL IX1 - Revolution: The Central American War Photography ...
... 1987. "Susan Meiselas: The Frailty of the Frame, Work in Progress: A
Conversation
with Fred Ritchin." Aperture, No. 108. ---- 1981. Nicaragua ...
www.tau.ac.il/eial/IX_1/binford.html
Bill Pierce's Nuts & Bolts - Books That Teach
... by Jim Hubbard (Chronicle Books) - Koudelka/Gypsies (Aperture) -
Nicaragua, by Susan
Meiselas (Pantheon) - Magnifications, electron microscopy by David Scharf
digitaljournalist.org/issue9807/nutsandbolts.htm