Last point on this: I wonder if Chile et. al. really fell because they
were not repressive enough? Could it have something to do with the fact
that in all the cases mentioned, the military were reactionary, and thus
ready to overthrow the democratically chosen govenrments? (The only
exception to this - Nicaragua, was faced with the previous military more
or less intact as a Rebel force.]