Resende Manuel wrote:

> Rob Schaap wrote:
> >Item: The European Union: "We will spare
> >no effort to help identify, bring to
> >justice and punish
> >those responsible," EU foreign ministers
> >said in a strongly worded statement
> >after an emergency meeting in Brussels.
>
> I hope this means that they are _not_ willing to wage a war, but
> instead use
> the _legal_ means to bring to court the _individuals_ that are
> responsible for
> the attack. In other words, that this is not an endorsment of hawkish
> hysteria.

Thanks, Manuel.  Yes, I think it might well mean that.  Now that Shrubya is
heralding "the first war of the 21st century", it'll be interesting to see
look at Europe's next communiques.  Of course, part of the rhetoric flying
around our ears is to do with making an identity out of bin Laden, the Taliban
and Saddam Hussein.  Given the piles of unambiguous evidence left on car
seats, licence applications, car rental forms by these otherwise
oh-so-professional terrorists, and given that all of it points precisely where
everyone in the administration presciently predicted it would.  A bleak soul
might aver that this puts several tens of millions in the frame ...

We'll see soon enough, anyway.
Rob.