Tim Bousquet wrote:

> There was an anti-war demonstration in Chico today,
> attended by about 100 people.

snip here is the report from la

A successful anti-war march occurred today, Saturday Sept 29 in
Westwood.  In fact there were two actions, one  downtown that was more
concerned with the anti-globalization movement and the one in Westwood.

Over 2500 hundred came to the rally and march.  The Federal Building
shut
down its parking lot, always open on the weekends for 3 dollars so
people
had to find parking in the crowded Westwood area.  Which meant that
the
rally built slowly but at its peak, 2500 (or so) headed out on a
permitted
march through Westwood.

A loud and spirited march with various chants, "We don't want your
racist
war" among others.  The march was heavily attended my many who do not
usually come out to these events.   Quite a lot of students and young people.

The International Action Center deservers credit for doing the nitty
gritty
work of getting permits, making banners etc and the Peace Coalition
for
many of the logistical problems.

All went well and it is a good beginning to a movement to help
enlighten
the public on the real issues in regards to the WTC disaster and what
are
the real ways to deal with it.

This was already  the second anti-war rally, as a smaller group  put
on an
similar event last week and that group is still active.
There are also other coalitions forming, students, people of color and
others to organize against a coming war.
So we should all at least coordinate our activities and combine them
when
necessary.

John Johnson
Change-Links Progressive Newspaper
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.change-links.org
Subscribe to our list server. Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(818) 982-1412
Cell (818) 681-7448.

Marta Russell
author, Los Angeles, CA
http://disweb.org/
Beyond Ramps: Disability at the End of the Social Contract
http://www.commoncouragepress.com/russell_ramps.html