hitchens refers to "my website http/peterk" so i thought peterk was the name
hitchens used for his website address. i just saw the exchange between doug,
ian and kelley on lbo in which hitchens is cited.  didn't realize that by
referring to "my website" hitchens was not referring to a website that he had
put up himself but one that "peter k"  has put up in his honor (i hadn't read
to the bottom of the hitchens' website, only looked at the picture and a few of
the lead titles).

it turns out that peter k is not an offical spokesperson for or voice of
hitchens though hitchens does refer to the website as his. one finds this out
at the bottom of the website.  so since peter k is not hitchens' offical
spokesperson or an internet name for hitchens, i take back the criticism of
hitchens for having referred to his critics as gnats and pygmies and having
relied on wm safire to defend his comments on bob kerrey. it just seems that
hitchens has something of a reactionary fan, named peter k. he can't be blamed
for that. i still think hitchens' distortion of chomsky's views was
unconscionable. And I find justifiable my response  to the hitchens' comments
on kerrey that henwood had downloaded.

Rakesh