[was: RE:[PEN-L:19912] RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Doug tells
thetruth..........................]

Max Sawicki writes: >Now let us all bow our heads in a moment of silence over the
impending demise of several thousand fascist, anti-semitic, misogynist terrorists.
(One suspects they are not down with the GBLTGTS [????] thing either.)<

the Taliban can't be "anti-semitic," since they are semites themselves. I would call
them anti-Jewish bigots, though they are also anti-Christian and anti-Buddhist, to
name a few antis. They _are_ fascist, if one uses the word loosely.

The Taliban clearly consists of a bunch of bad guys. But I've never seen actual proof
that the person they allegedly harbor -- Osama bin Laden -- or his alleged
organization -- al Qaeda -- did the dirty deed. Nor is capital punishment (in the form
of a US war and strategic bombing) justified for harboring alleged criminals. And as
for the Taliban's admittedly disgusting policies, if it was good for the world for the
US to indiscriminately attack countries that fail to pass the moral muster, why hasn't
the US bombed civilians in Burma? in Saudi Arabia? and who made the US the world cop,
judge, jury, and executioner? or is the word "vigilante"?

Max complains that people on pen-l are selective pacifists, criticizing the US but not
other countries when they commit atrocities like the war against Afghanistan. Well, I
for one don't pay taxes to the Taliban. Nor does it speak in my name. So I have a
_responsibility_ to criticize the US elite. Further, those people on pen-l who aren't
US citizens find themselves increasingly under the US thumb, since the US government
is clearly struggling to make itself into the world state. So they're in the same
position that I'm in.

The simple way to read all your emails at ThatWeb
http://www.thatweb.com