CC: First a couple of minor points. (1) I think it best to keep the word
"pacifist" to name those who oppose any and all war under all
conditions. In this sense Max's term, "selective pacifist," is simple
bad writing. Is there anyone who has ever approved of all wars? Gee. . . .

Now things are really getting nasty.  Bad writing.  Hmmmph.
No, a selective pacifist is one who professes universal principles --
opposition to any use of organized violence -- but applies them to
fewer than all wars.  Selectively, in other words.  One is tempted
to say it reflects bad faith, but I will settle for simple confusion,
borne of excessive exposure to bad propaganda.

mbs