On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Max Sawicky wrote:

> I understand there is a new edition of this coming out. I'm thinking
> of doing a piece on it and would like to know of references to other
> works that refer or react directly to O'Connor's book.

Habermas's _Legitimation Crisis_ which came out the same year (1973) both
refers to it and was influenced by it.  Arguably it's exactly the same
argument in a different in a different terminology, system-theoretic
rather than economic.  O'Connor was a visiting scholar at the Max Planck
institute in 1972 and my impression is that there was some
cross-fertilization, perhaps through intermediaries like Offe.

Michael

Michael Pollak................New York [EMAIL PROTECTED]