from a friend:
WHY DO DEATHS FIGURES IN THE THIRD WORLD MATTER TO THE
FIRST. they never did before, and even if it did to
the peace movement that was small and ineffective.
take Algeria’s death toll in the war of independence:
was it one million take or add one half!
or any other war in the periphery, Rwanda, Columbia;
in France military generals feeling the guilt of mass
slaughter in Algeria were literally suppressed from
speaking their minds.
racism is a practice or effective hate, not a feeling
of hate by the slave against the master.
colonialism past and present is the practice of
racism.
should a political case or plight be made on the basis
of the number of skulls a people accumulate?
war kills and sanctions kill. the killing should stop.
but so long as one working class lives off the toil of
another, that will never happen and it will be a
number discussion. number discussions degenerate into
number theory.

--- Michael Perelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>