From: "Michael Perelman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 9:21 PM
Subject: [PEN-L:21464] Re: Re: crisis causes the end of
capitalism?

Actually, it starts with Marx.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 08:52:23PM -0800, Tom Walker
wrote:
> Galbraith's book dates to the mid-1950s. Peter
Drucker also wrote a book on similar lines in the early
1940s. I would credit Berle and Means as the earliest
articulate version of the theory (or story) in the U.S.
There are also parallels with earlier Frankfurt School
writings by Horkheimer and Pollard.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department