Surely Marx did not say either what Justin or Rakesh claim.

Rakesh' claim (re Marx)  is correct about value in EXCHANGE but does not
apply to use value. Air and sunlight etc. are valuable even if not involved
in any exchange relationship and their use value is quite independent of
labor.

Cheers, Ken Hanly

 Marx's understanding of that distinction has to be modified?