In a message dated 2/2/2002 11:19:00 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

on 2/3/02 10:39 AM, Michael Perelman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Miyachi's solution is not so simple.  You have a new computer.  Some of
> the value will be transferred to the product today.  You have no idea how
> long the computer will last; when it will become obsolete.  Unless you
> have foreknowledge of the future, you cannot know how much value transfers
> to the product.
>
> I wrote about this in more detail a few years ago in the Cambridge Journal
> of Economics.
> --
> Michael Perelman
> Economics Department
> California State University
> Chico, CA 95929
>
> Tel. 530-898-5321
> E-Mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sir Michael Perelman

I can't understand your account. My computer has price, and I consume it
some years. After some year, my computer's price down, because I consume by
using it.  I can't transfer value to computer, on the contrary, by using it,
I destruct its exchange value. If I trade in my computer to shop, shopper
assess my computer's trading price usually due to using years.
It is well common knowledge even little kids knows. If I transfer value
while using computer, trading price is higher than when I bought it.
Ridiculous! Did you use trading shop? If you did not, try it. When you try,
you can understand common knowledge which California State University did
not teach.
MIYACHI TATSUO
PSYCHIATRIC DEPARTMENT
KOMAKI MUNICIPAL HOSPITAL
KOMAKI CITY
AICHI Pre.
JAPAN

I tend to agree with this accounting. Value is the product or rather expression of human acitivity in the process of production. One cannot "transfer" value through consumption of the finished product as an article of utility, even if one resales the article at the same price - after having used ("partial consumption") the product.