This kind of hijacking selected words out of context and insinuating that
they mean something else is pointless. I would say juvenile, but would be
insulting to children. The context was the role of advertising in the media
and culture. The point is about advertisers promising people things they
can't deliver.

Perhaps advertisements have improved Doug's sex life. If so, perhaps he
could tell us how.

Doug Henwood wrote,