I cheated! Googing away...The below was published in Crossroads,
a journal that was an attempt from (mostly) ex-Line of March
and CofC to dialogue with the broad left.
"Market Leftism: Money, Machines and the Left's Decline"

Nathan Newman and Anders Schneiderman connect the proliferation
of "market leftist" organizations and the decline of progressive
politics...

   In the mid-90's, John Judis in Ther American Prospect wrote
a piece saying much the same. This piece is collected in, "Ticking
Time Bombs: The New Conservative Assaults on Democracy
Robert L. Kuttner, editor; published in conjunction with The
American Prospect. The New Press.
   Mark Dowie has a new book on Foundations from M.I.T. Press.
   The Nation - Selected Feature
 Selected Feature Why Do Progressive Foundations Give Too Little
To Too Many? By Michael H. Shuman  The National Committee for
Responsive Philanthropy recently reported that between 1992 and
1994, twelve major foundations on the right, often working in
concert, pumped more than $200 million ...
http://past.thenation.com/issue/980112/0112shum.htm
Michael Pugliese

Ian. Take it and run with it !