Michael writes:

> With Turkey qualify as "too big to fail" within the
> context of the war on terrorism?

Michael,

If I am not wrong, this is a response to my statement about the
nearing collapse of Turkey. Who knows maybe I am overly
pessimistic but I don't see any other way out and think that the
collapse will most likely be followed by a military coup to hold
the country together with severe repression. We still have a few
state enterprises to sell but what will happen after they are
gone? If the Turkish military engages in a military operation, it
will cost money too. Who is going to pay all these bills? However
big Turkey is to fail, will/can US pick up the entire tab? If
not, will EU agree to share?

Sabri