Bureaucracy (speculative rant alert)
by bantam
15 April 2002 17:36 UTC  < < <

G'day Charles,

> Sorry, Rob, Leninist democratic centralism is alive and well in
> Venezuela , where all power resides with the masses  and their elected
> representatives in the CENTER !  Viva Bolivarian Bolshevism !

Either we're talking about different 'democratic centralisms' or we're
watching different Venezuelas.  Or both.

^^^^^

CB: I'm talking about  V.I. Lenin, leader of the Bolsheviks and the Russian Revolution
in 1917, and his theory of democratic centralism, which is very well demonstrated by
the overwhelming majority of the masses of people in Venezuela since 1998 and their
authentic representatives in the Party led by President Chavez. What are you talking
about ?

^^^^^^^

> So much for bloody , middle class,  fake democracy.

Er, at least I tried to attach an argument to my speculative rant ...

^^^^^^^

CB: The evidence for my argument is all over the world news for the last few days, and
specifics of the argument should occur to you without my spelling out for you , but
here it is.   The middle class mass that demonstrated and gave a pretext for the coup
by the Venezuelan oligarchy, represented a minority of the whole population, and thus
democracy in this situation was represented by Chavez and his organizations. The
masses in the streets backed up their center. About as vivid an example of democratic
centralism as there ever was.

 Of course, the masses have to have a republican structure , i.e. it is not direct
democracy, in their struggle with the bourgeoisie. They have to have leaders because
the struggle with the bourgeois requires strategy and tactics, in analogy to a
military conflict.  The class struggle has aspects that are like war ( Should be
obvious from the whole history of the 20th Century).  It is democracy with a socalled
center: democratic centralism.  This term was originated by Lenin, and Venezuela's
governing Party is good example of its practice since 1998.