Just a side note...ad hominem!
   Eric Margolis was one of a zillion Western journalists that
trekke to Afghanistan in the 80's to do some Reaganite agit-prop
for the anti-Soviet mujahdeen. Wrote a book reprinted after 9-11.
  If I had time to do a search on Margolis and Hekmatyar, the
leader who loved to throw acid in woman's faces, I betcha I'd
find some tributes.
   Forwarding stuff by right-wingers (like another Canadian columnist,
whose name escapes me now who was anti-NATO during the anti-Milosevic
bombing campaign and had in earlier years done lotsa agit-prop
for Jonas Savimbi) is well...
Michael Pugliese

oil) area. The
>Israeli lobby exploits that.
>
>Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine

for the
>> frightful suffering Israel has endured at the hands of
>> suicide bombers, and
>> its need for self-defence.
>>
>> Still, why was America alone in defending Israel's ruthless

>> punishment of
>> the Palestinians?
>>
>> How could Bush, only a few weeks ago, still bathing in the

>> bogus glory of a
>> military "triumph" against a few thousand medieval tribesman

>> in Afghanistan,
>> be so suddenly made to look foolish and impotent by events
in
>> the Mideast?
>>
>> Simply put, Sharon's right-wing Likud party has come to dominate
U.S.