US foreign investment / tactics in Venezuela
by Doyle Saylor
18 April 2002 02:01 UTC

-clip-

Documents that are produced need to be accessible to people via more
reliable attention to search engines.  I am thinking of an anecdote of
Venezuela that the press recently reported.  According to press accounts the
television stations maintained a blackout and biased reporting against
Chavez, but that ordinary people using cell phones were able to get the word
out anyway.  We need to use the 'interactive' tools that the whole left can
use to our advantage.  Interactive here meaning collaboration technology.

To me then applying the example of cellphones to collaboration here I think
important work needs to be done in teamwork for online left lists.  The sort
of one line irritation of antagonists needs to be replaced by common
collective work that takes advantage of principles of computing that serves
our brain work best.

^^^^^^^

CB: I saw that reported too. The revolution may not be televised, but it may be on the
radio and cellphones.  Maybe there is a challenge as to whether it will be on email.