I think Michael is correct. You have to plug into what's already there,
already emerging, and take it a step further.  That requires insight into
where people are really at these days, but it also means moving on from the
"how awful capitalist civilisation is" mode, to positive alternatives, to
the question of how things could be different and better. The least one can
say about Lenin, Trotsky and the other bolshevik leaders is that they
didn't just raise problems, but tried actively to solve them, and create
real alternatives. I confess that if I think of all the things that need to
be done, I get incredibly fatigued again. I guess that disqualifies me from
a leadership role.