Ben Day:
>The big problem with the >surplus capital argument is that, for most of the
last
>century, foreign >investment >has been >overwhelmingly /between/
>developed capitalist >countries.

If we look at the present day FDI in Asia, the bulk (probably 60-70%)
of FDI goes to China and Hongkong. China claims to have actually received
$350 bn as FDI and cumulative commited FDI to China is claimed to be $750 bn
in the last 10 years. India has received about 10% of this figure (or about
$30bn) in the previous decade. Vietnam's GDP is probably one tenth of
India's GDP, but Vietnam gets as much FDI in absolute terms as India does.

Ulhas