o URPE Members and Friends

 From Chuck Barone

Heterodox  economists are urged to apply for this job. Any
questions can be directed to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
visit our web page:  http://www.dickinson.edu/departments/econ/
<http://www.dickinson.edu/departments/econ/>

DICKINSON COLLEGE, Carlisle, PA

D000 - Microeconomics: General
B5 - Current Heterodox Approaches

The Department of Economics has a September 2003 opening for a  tenure
track position at the Assistant Professor level.  We are seeking
someone with research interests in applied microeconomic fields (such
as, environmental, international, or labor) and who can teach courses on

heterodox economics.  Experience with or a  strong interest in
interactive pedagogies is required as part of our development of
workshop or lab-based approaches to introductory economics.  Strong
quantitative skills, and knowledge of history of thought are also valued

within our Department.  Dickinson College is a liberal arts college
where excellence in teaching and research are strongly emphasized, and
where innovative, interdisciplinary courses and programs are strongly
supported.   Primary teaching responsibilities include: Introductory and

intermediate level micro theory; Contending Economics Perspectives; and
200/300 level field courses.

Ph.D preferred, but will consider ABDs.  Applicants should submit by
mail a letter expressing interest, curriculum vita, three letters of
reference, and evidence of teaching performance by December 1, 2002.
Interviews will be held at the January 2003 ASSA meetings in Washington,

D.C.  CONTACT: Chuck  Barone, Chair, Economics Department, PO Box 1773,
College & Louther Sts, Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA 17013.  For more
information see http://www.dickinson.edu/departments/econ/   Dickinson
College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: women and
minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.

--
Chuck Barone
Professor Economics/American Studies

--