We have a job announcement coming out in a few weeks also.  Just like
Portland State, we are demanding -- unrealistically perhaps -- that the new
applicants have the ability to raise money through grants.  It's all part of
the new emphasis on making the universities run like businesses.  Martin, I'm
sure glad that I got into this racket when I did and do not have to face the
same obstacles that you do.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department