Last night Jon Stewart played a blood-curdling clip
from a Thurmond 1948 speech, so evidently it's available
somewhere. It was a devastating demolition job on Lott.

Chances are it will be on his web site before too long:

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/thedailyshowwithjonstewart/

mbs

I finally had Clemson University's "Strom Thurmond Institute"
(gag!) fax
me a copy from their special collections area. I'd like to get a
better
feel for what Trent Lott is waxing nostalgic for -- the States
Rights
Party platform of 1948 (on SmokingGun.com) was singularly opposed
integration and interested in nothing else.

Kendall Clark, Editor, http://www.whiteprivilege.com/

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department