On 19/12/2002 2:51 PM, "Ian Murray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

"When we administer any necessities to the poor, we give them their own; we do
not bestow our goods upon them. We do not fulfill the works of mercy; we
discharge the debt of justice . . . what is given to us by a common God is only
rightly used when those who have received it use it in common." -- St. Gregory
the Great

"Nature produced common property.
Robbery made private property." -- St. Ambrose

"This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of
wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor
and the wretched." -- Ezekiel 16:49

I am sure you can find the contradictions of these somewhere... so why not join
the Happy Free Lunch Apostolic Logical Atomist Church of St. Bertrand Russel!
With the Principia in one hand and the Christian Cannon in the other, anything
goes!

Thiago Oppermann

This mail sent through IMP: www-mail.usyd.edu.au