On Monday, January 13, 2003 at 13:11:45 (-0800) Ian Murray writes:
> [...]

You do the emotionally hard and intellectually easy work of getting
your ass in front of people and talking to them, educating them (I
prefer the didactic mode to that of storyteller, incidentally).  I'll
bet Doug Henwood alone has managed to change the minds of oodles of
the formerly benighted.

I want people to be pissed.  They are being robbed blind, their
children are denied the glorious opportunities of full development
(use just about any sense you want, Amartya Sen's would be fine), and
the blood of innocents is being spilled to satisfy the wants of a
small sliver of the population.

I am seriously contemplating starting a new party, True Conservatives,
who believe that Democracy must come first, that we should be
responsible for our own actions, follow the Golden Rule, not seek to
enrich ourselves at the expense of others, that we should honestly
communicate with one another instead of hiring professional
propagandists to do so, that we should seek out the boundaries of
human potential and then never rest until each person has been brought
to that elevated plane.

Bill