Ian Murray wrote:

> [...]

Please. The whole history of political activism makes it fairly clear
that people are Persuaded primarily in one-to-one or one-to-a very few.
All political activity is aimed at generating the contexts in which that
one-to-one situation can come into existence.

And the nothing beats mass demos for that (and it doesn't make a fucking
bit of difference what the speakers say -- who listens!) The
demonstrators go home ready to talk and to be talked to.

Carrol