Grant Lee wrote:
(Apologies for cross posting.)  It appears, apart from anything else, that
Forbes is not interested in distinguishing between funds actually controlled
by an individual and those theroetically/symbolically held (e.g. QE2). The
allegation re Castro is not new, but is it complete disinformation? Does
anyone know? How? (BTW, Berlusconi made the separate "Powerbrokers" list")

Fidel Castro President /Cuba 76 110 million

In order to answer the question about whether this represents disinformation, we have to ask ourselves what Forbes is talking about. Forbes refers to "fortunes", which in ordinary English means personal wealth. Now there have been charges leveled against Fidel Castro, but owning a fortune is not one of them. I think that Forbes grouped Saddam Hussein, Yasir Arafat and Fidel Castro with the dregs of European and petrodollar aristocracy for an obvious reason, not so much to sow disinformation since nobody can really figure out what they are driving at--but just to score facile propaganda points. Just what you'd expect from the "Capitalist tool".

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org