This was unnecessary. First of all, the reasons that
have motivated most skeptics who have thought about
the matter to reject the LOV or LTV -- like me -- are
not that it is an "unscientific notion" that cannot be
"falsified," but that it is  a bad scientific notion
whose time is up bewcause it has not proved to have
any explanatory value or theoretical use, other than
employing a shrinking group of true believers
increasingly arcane defenses. Second, only the crudest
and most mechanical sort of Popperianism (not
Popper's) would proceed proposition by propostion
through a body of theory, testing the "scientificity"
of each independently of others, so this would be a
really dumb objection if somewone were to make it.
Third, no one has. Everyone involved, except Ian, who
rejects the vulgar interpretation of Popperianism but
thinks is it is really important to engage with straw
men, acknowledges that there is no alternative to
evaluating theories as wholes, which means that it's
no prob from a demarcation criterion pov if a bit of a
theory that does important work isn't falsifiable on
its own. If it's not falsifiable in the context of the
wholed theory, as with notions like "Oedipus complex,"
that's a problem.

jks