Price discrimination is an antitrust violation -- the
statute is the Robinson-Patman Act -- that can expose
the defendant to treble damages in a civil action, and
even if you win you have to pay me, or someone like
me, really godawful amounts of money to get you off.
(This is in fact largely what I do for a living.) So,
the citizen plaintiff is not without recourse! jks

http://www.dtc.umn.edu/7/8odlyzko/doc/privacy.economics.pdf