In a message dated 8/7/03 10:31:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

My democracy is a life force - praxis. I have pen and will travel. This California thing is exciting and dangerous. I will go to work because electoral democracy means contacting people and creating the next "infrastructure of battle." No matter who I end up working for, and I am not opposed to Larry Flynt, - although Arnold scares the hell out of me, my agenda is working class politics. Here is an opportunity - during an authentic political crisis, to fight to begin shaping a class program. This means food, shelter, clothing, transportation, medical care, educational issues, energy question and how one is to make "ends meet."

Arnold S. scares me to death. I love his movies but the American people have to be told why they cannot elect a "Terminator."  This is not a Marxist analysis but gut political instinct. From California to the President. I have a very very bad feeling about California. Who is Arnold going to terminate?

None of this stuff can be found in a book. Books help shape perspective. I am probably wrong and want to be wrong but this feels like a political juncture in our history.

God, I hope we do not look back twenty years from now and day, California was our political Stalingrad. Then again I am probably being to emotional but my freaking bags are packed and I am not going quietly into the night.

I have a very bad feeling about this one . . .  this "thing" in California. Time to pack them carpet bags boys and girls.

Melvin P.