In this case, the _ad hominem_ is quite relevant. If you want to understand the Bush
team, the fact that it's centered on someone whose had "every advantage in life handed
to him - Andover, Yale, Harvard, inherited money and position - and he's still a
provincial ignoramus" says something about their policies. The Bushwackers do
absolutely everything for those with every advantage handed to them (tax cuts, etc.)
while expecting the great unwashed masses to do their dirty work for them (including
fighting and dying in Iraq). Bush's arrogance -- and that of his team -- reminds me of
the preppies I encountered at Yale, who thought that the world was their oyster.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine