I am out of town right now using remote access, so I will only give a
limited reply - yes.  This was first established by the big Security
Council Resolution at the end of the war.  The readiness of the French et.
el. to withdraw the embargo and turn the UN role to the U.S. was a major
and unacknowledged (in the US press) concession (or cave-in, if one is less
generous).  The second shoe dropped when the US announced the import role
of the UN program (the program actually covered food and all other
imports)would actually be taken over by JP Morgan and a consortia of Banks
from (mostly) the other coalition countries (I believe I posted the
announcement).

Nomi Prims has pointed out that each of these banks has specialized in
exotic ways to turn assets (read petroleum reserves and future income
streams) into current debts.  It is not expected that this phase will be
discussed before the non-US donors are pressed to announce pledges from
their development funds at the upcoming Madrid Donors Conference next week.

Paul