I saw this film in New York City last year.  I didn't find it controversial, though it will be eye-opening to thsow unfamiliar with the events.  It isn't just Hitchens who makes the case against Kissinger.  Many others do as well.  It is a good chance to see Hitchens before he became such a jerk.  The film is very good and well worth seeing.  Every time I see Kissinger pontificating on TV, I want to strangle him.  His actions make a lot of current day "war criminals" look like choir boys.

Michael Yates
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 12:24 PM
Subject: [PEN-L] Trials of Henry

http://www.sundancechannel.com/
The Trials of Henry Kissinger
directed by Eugene Jarecki
10:30 PM

http://wwwsundancechannel.com/popup/?ixFilmID=2595
The Trials of Henry Kissinger

directed by Eugene Jarecki

YEAR
2002

80 MINS, B&W

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, one of the most influential statesmen of
modern times, Henry Kissinger seems assured of his place in history. Yet, in
this controversial and eye-opening documentary from Eugene Jarecki and Alex
Gibney, journalist Christopher Hitchens makes the case that Kissinger is
nothing less than a war criminal, directly responsible for prolonging the
Vietnam War and masterminding the secret bombing of Cambodia and the coup of
Chile's President Allende. "An indispensable primer on U.S. foreign
policy" - Village Voice. (2002) TVPG (AC, V) (1:20) CCAP/Stereo/Letterbox

PRODUCER
Eugene Jarecki
Alex Gibney

SCREENWRITER