        From: Michael Perelman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Sat 1/17/2004 7:08 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: [PEN-L] Nixon and Labor

        I have been looking over an interesting article

        Cowie, Jefferson. 2002. "Nixon's Class Struggle: Strategic
        Formulations of the New-Right Worker." Labor History (August).

        You can read it on line

        http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m0348/3_43/91201898/p1/article.jhtml?term=

        It suggests that Nixon was able to get a good feel for how to communicate
        with labor.

        Let me know what you think about it.

        If a Nixon can figure out how to reach out effectively, why can't we be
        equally creative???
        --
        Michael Perelman
        Economics Department