--- Carrol Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mike Ballard wrote:
> >

> > We have to take what we can get until we're class
> > consciously organized and therefore powerful
> enough to
> > take it ALL back.
>
> You mean that there will come a wonderful day when,
> having gone to bed
> voting for the DP, we awaken the next morning to a
> glorious dawn of
> class consciousness. Wow!
>
> Carrol

No you silly boy.  I mean that we have to engage in
the class struggle over the social product of labour
until we're strong enough to take it all i.e. abolish
the wages system.  If the DP gives us more back than
the RP, which is usually the case a la FDR and so on,
then so be it.

Best,
Mike B)

=====
But certainly for the present age,
which prefers the sign to the thing
signified, the copy to the original,
fancy to reality, the appearance to
the the essence...illusion only is *sacred*,
truth *profane*.  Nay, sacredness is
held to be enhanced in proportion
as truth decreases and illusion increases,
so that the highest degree of illusion
comes to be the highest degree of
sacredness.

Ludwig Feuerbach