That's fucked. You have all the power and you're using it to humiliate
your students. Great.

Joanna

Craven, Jim wrote:

Tomorrow, when I go back to the classroom, as I have done on other
occasions, each of my classes will be told that during the course of
the term, there will be four key lectures whose content will most
definitely be covered on exams. These lectures will be total bullshit:
phony sources, phony data bases, logical fallacies, math errors, etc
and these lectures will be delivered straight without any indication
that the content is total bullshit. If the students uncritically copy
down the stuff during lecture without checking it out or waiting until
the night before an exam, they will find the "right answer" from their
notes; only the "right answer" will be from one of the bullshit
lectures that will not be correct if they have failed to cross-check
what they are being handed in class. I note that these lectures willl
be delivered with all "sincerity" and note Groucho Marx's axiom: "The
two keys to success are honesty and sincerity; and if you can fake
those, the sky is the limit."

Jim C.

James M. Craven Blackfoot Name: Omahkohkiaayo-i'poyi Professor/Consultant,Economics;Business Division Chair Clark College, 1800 E. McLoughlin Blvd. Vancouver, WA. USA 98663 Tel: (360) 992-2283; Fax: (360) 992-2863 http://www.home.earthlink.net/~blkfoot5 <http://www.home.earthlink.net/%7Eblkfoot5> Employer has no association with private/protected opinion "Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past." (George Orwell) "...every anticipation of results which are first to be proved seems disturbing to me...(Karl Marx, "Grundrisse") FREE LEONARD PELTIER!!