My apologies, I thought you did not tell the students that some of the
lectures were bullshit.

Joanna

Craven, Jim wrote:

That's fucked. You have all the power and you're using it to humiliate
your students. Great.

Joanna

Response: I can see from your previous comments ( So you're punishing
your students because most economic text books are biased? If I were
your student, I'd be pissed at you. Joanna) that you are obviously not a
very deep or critical thinker (biased not the same as objective--to be
human is to be biased) so what you call "humiliation" others might call
creative pedagogy.

In my textbook citations assignment, it is extra-credit; the operative
word is extra as in extra work for me, sometimes necessitated by
students not being with the program and then winding up needing
extra-credit. Further, if students take the time and effort to find
texts like "Anti-Samuelson" by Marc Linder or others written by the
likes of Sherman, Bowles, et al they can find cites.

Now on this assignment, just who exactly gets "humiliated"? Remember,
the warning is given on the first day of class and the exact number of
bullshit lectures is given. So who gets "humiliated"?: Those who do not
take the assignment seriously; those who do not regularly attend class;
those who do not cross-check but rather uncritically accept what they
are told; those who do not connect what they are taught about
epistemology, critical thinking ,logical fallacies etc and the content
of what they are getting; those who see themselves as passive consumers
rather than active participants in their own education; those who are as
superficial, lazy and mechanical in their thinking as this person Joanna
(Who I hope is not a teacher) appears to be.

I hear, I forget.
I see, I remember.
I do, I understand.

Lao-tze