I always wonder whether Marx intended the concepts in _Capital_ to be used
in detailed analyses of things like oil price fluctuations or concrete
business cycles. The only practice that might accompany such analyses would
be such things as Keynesian and social dem reforms to soften the impact of
recessions or regulation of the oil companies and their prices: Marxist
advice on how to reform capitalism.

Marx's discussion of the struggle for shorter work week reforms is related
to actual mass movements of workers at the time, situations where masses of
workers were in fact in organized motion and thereby with potential to turn
into revolutionary struggles. But today , there are not mass worker
movements to influence oil prices or blunt the business cycle.

Charles

^^^^^

by sartesian

Keerist, can't we at least spell "financial" correctly? And then terminate
this thread?

Marxist financial advice.  Come on.  Cut it out.  Where doe s this take us?
Marxist arbitrage?  Marxist hedge funds?  Behind every free market there's a
death squad, at least one.

You need more money?  Ssssshhhh.  Don't tell anyone.  Figure it out yourself
or go get a  CFA.

Next subject,  Marxist methods of seducing housekeepers?