s. artesian wrote:

>Then comes the advice about doing the right thing in the international debt
markets and
>taking positions (long?  short?) in Venezuelan debt.  That's a real thing
of beauty by the
>way.

That was me (btw, I don't believe I've ever claimed to be a Marxist, though
I reserve the right to do so in future if I want to)

I'm a bit tied up with family matters at the moment, but will return to the
lists on this one early doors next week.  If you wish to prepare your
arguments, be aware that my general theme is going to be that when you agree
to lend someone money you are doing them a good turn, not a bad turn.  And
that having lent someone money, it is not /per se/ evil to hope that you
will get it back.  A friend cadged thirty quid off me to buy drinks in a
nightclub on Friday night, however, so by some standards I am already
presumably morally compromised.

cheers and good-humoured beers

dd