strictly speaking, labor productivity isn't (domestic output)/(domestic labor input).
Rather, it's (domestic value added)/(domestic labor input), where value added =
domestic output minus intermediate goods input.

BTW, it sure looks like the concept of "value added" is very similar to Marx's  S+V.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine