In a message dated 7/18/2004 3:16:15 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
CB: I'd call it superindustrial, because the machines are augmented by the computers, and the machines are the "absolute" in industry and the
cooperation is the "relative" term.  The scattering of the co-operation is
better termed more industrial rather than post industrial. "Industry" also
refers to the large number of products produced, mass production. This also continues. "Post-industrial" sounds like there is no longer massproduction. There is more mass production than ever.

What can I say. If post industrial sounds like there is no longer mass production after I have explained the meaning of intensive development as increasing the productivity of labor . . . and making mass "super mass" in relationship to the deployment of labor . . . I do not know what to say.

The Coogi sweaters are the product of a radically new technology that has the ability to mass produce a billion different color pattern and configuration as a process. This is a different technology than the mass production as cookie cutter patterns. The latter is industrial electromechanical and the former is electro-computerized and infinitely more productive.

If super . . . as in superman . . . means the qualitative change in the technological regime that distinguishes it from electromechanical process as the direction of the future - the next one hundred years or the period of time that is the equivalent of from 1865 - 1980, we should not quibble over words.

The scattering of production misses the point of intensive development and its trajectory for the next one hundred years. We are not talking about the extensive development of the industrial system for the next one hundred years in my opinion . . . although time will tell.

Bottom line . . . we are undergoing a revolution in the mode of production not unlike the revolution from manufacture to industry in its implications for society as a whole. Revolution in the mode of production as opposed to "super" the quantitative expansion of the same thing in gigantic propositions.

And . . . yes this is different and a different proposition . . . that I believe will be confirmed for everyone on earth by the year 2030.

Melvin P.

Peace

Melvin P.