I mentioned Plato:

Technically, this is false. In logic, ever since
Plato, the rule has been that something cannot both be
and not be in the same way at the same time.
---

Plato, of course, is where the conceot of dialectics
got started in the first place. Does anybody know of
Marx ever discusses the Platonic origin of the
concept/term, or if he just restricts himself to
Hegel?

Man, this is making me wish I'd finished my
dissertation and gotten the Ph.D. in phil I was aiming
for before I moved to Russia. I haven't thought about
this stuff in ages.